“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any,” said Pulitzer Prize author Alice Walker. We agree. Stand up with us and hundreds of thousands of Floridians who are speaking with one voice.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Click here for a short instructional video. If you’d like help figuring out how to do that, just email or call us. We are happy to help.
- Call your State Representative and State Senator. Phone calls are much better than emails (which they mostly ignore). Here’s the best, simplest message to get across – “I support Governor DeSantis’s bold environmental agenda. Get behind him and support Everglades restoration or face our wrath!”
- Call your Congressman or Congresswoman and Senators Rick Scott and Marco Rubio. Phone calls are much better than emails (which they mostly ignore). Tell them that it’s important to you that the Federal Government fund Everglades restoration. The Everglades needs $200M a year, every year to fund the restoration. Without that funding the State can’t maintain the progress needed to fully restore the flow of water south.
- Call Governor Ron DeSantis and tell him you support his agenda. Best number for him is (850) 717-9337. Speak to a live person, if possible.
- Write a personal note to your elected officials. As one of our favorite supporters says, “It's an uphill battle, but a hand-written letter is given about 10 times the weight of an email.”
- Vote in every election. As they approach, we will be telling you about the candidates. We’ll share the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Sign the Now Or Neverglades declaration, adding your voice to hundreds of thousands of other Floridians or lovers of the Everglades. You will be joining with our conservation partners, like the Everglades Foundation, Audubon, Sierra Club, National Parks Conservation Association, Florida Wildlife Federation, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, Bullsugar, Captains for Clean Water and hundreds of thousands of Floridians. Here's a list of many of our corporate partners in the Now Or Neverglades movement.
- Visit often. Ask questions. We’re here to help. Be extremely confident in knowing your advocacy is backed up by overwhelming sound science and research.
- Get your family and friends to do all of the above.
Not sure who your State Representative or State Senator is? We’ve got you covered. Link to find your state legislators.
If you aren’t sure who your Congressman or Congresswoman is, here’s a handy link to find them. You will also find their Washington, DC, office phone numbers. Every Floridian has two US Senators – Marco Rubio (202) 224-3041 and Rick Scott (202) 224-5274. Link to find your federal legislators.