“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any,” said Pulitzer Prize author Alice Walker. We agree. Stand up with us and hundreds of thousands of Floridians who are speaking with one voice.
- Vote in the August 28 primaries and in the general elections on November 6. As they approach, we will be telling you about the candidates. We’ll share the good, the bad and the ugly. Click here to learn how you can request a ballot and vote by mail.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Click here for a short instructional video. If you’d like help figuring out how to do that, just email or call us. We are happy to help.
- Write a personal note to your elected officials. As one of our favorite supporters says, “It's an uphill battle, but a hand-written letter is given about 10 times the weight of an email.”
- Call your State Representative and State Senator. Phone calls are much better than emails (which they mostly ignore). Here’s the best, simplest message to get across – “It doesn’t matter how much money you’ve taken from Big Sugar, you need to do the right thing for the Everglades and coastal estuaries. We are watching and voting!”
- Call Governor Rick Scott with the same message. Best number for him is (850) 488-7146. Speak to a live person, if possible.
- Call your Congressman or Congresswoman and Senators Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio. Phone calls are much better than emails (which they mostly ignore). Here’s the best, simplest message to get across – It doesn’t matter how much money you’ve taken from Big Sugar, you need to do the right thing. Ask them to sign on to the Sugar Policy Modernization Act that will finally reform the sugar subsidy program.
- Sign the Now Or Neverglades declaration, adding your voice to hundreds of thousands of other Floridians or lovers of the Everglades. You will be joining with our conservation partners, like the Everglades Foundation, Audubon, Sierra Club, National Parks Conservation Association, Florida Wildlife Federation, Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, Bullsugar, Captains for Clean Water and hundreds of thousands of Floridians. Here's a list of many of our corporate partners in the Now Or Neverglades movement.
- Visit often. Ask questions. We’re here to help. Be extremely confident in knowing your advocacy is backed up by overwhelming sound science and research.
- Get your family and friends to do all of the above.
Not sure who your State Representative or State Senator is? We’ve got you covered. Link to find your state legislators.
If you aren’t sure who your Congressman or Congresswoman is, here’s a handy link to find them. You will also find their Washington, DC, office phone numbers. Every Floridian has two US Senators – Marco Rubio (202) 224-3041and Bill Nelson (202) 224-5274. Link to find your federal legislators.